Are you interested in swimming lessons for your child? GMSC has certified swim instructors available during the summer to teach them the proper techniques, strokes and safety. Three, 9-day sessions are available. Please select a session, then register for the appropriate level and time for your child.
Lesson Schedule – coming soon!
- Each session is $50 and includes 9 days of lessons.
- Payment via Square One, cash or check is due on the first day of class to be able to participate.
- All sessions are 9 days long (Monday-Friday one week and Monday-Thursday the next)
- All classes are open to children and adults.
- Please be aware that during inclement weather (i.e.: lightning) the pool will be closed according to American Red Cross safe swimming guidelines. There will be NO REFUNDS, but make-up sessions will be scheduled if more than 2 classes are cancelled in a particular session.
- Class instructors are not authorized to make class changes. Classes may be rescheduled or combined if there are not enough participants.
Individual private swim classes, (1:1 instruction) are available and scheduled on an individual basis.
- Pre-K, Level 1, 2, 3 will have no more than 6 students per class.
- Level 4, 5, 6, and CWS will have no more than 10 students per class.
- All Pre-K, Level 1, and Level 2 classes will be 30 minutes in length. Level 3, 4, 5, and 6 classes will be 40 minutes in length.
- CWS classes are 1 hour in length.
- Private swim lessons are also offered. More details coming soon.
Level 1—Fully submerge face, bounce up and down in chest deep water, supported back and front float, supported front and back kicks, basic water safety rules, and alternate arm action.
Level 2-–All Level 1 requirements plus retrieve objects, orientation to deep water, supported back and front float, supported front and back kicks, basic water safety rules, and alternate arm action.
Level 3-–retrieve objects with eyes open with no support, bob submerging head completely, jump into deep water from side of pool, kneel dive from side of pool, prone glide and supine glide, elementary backstroke, reverse directions while front and back stroking.
Level 4—Deep water bobbing, rotary breathing, elementary backstroke for 10 yards, sculling on the back for 25 yds, breaststroke for 10 yds, backstroke for 25 yds, sidestroke for 10 yds, changing direction at wall, treading water with scissor kicks, Breaststroke, and rotary kicks, learn rescue breathing and become familiar with CPR.
Level 6—Approach and hurdle from board, jump tuck from board, front and back crawl for 100 yds, breaststroke and sidestroke for 25 yds, butterfly for 10 yds, stroke turns, pike surface dive, tuck surface dive, alternate kicking and treading water for 3 minutes, throwing assist, and roll spinal injury victim face up.
Community Water Safety (CWS)—Students must be at least 10 on the first day of class and have passed Level VI or have pool manager permission to enroll. All classes must be attended to earn certificate. A mandatory shadowing experience will be required for all individuals who which for work as a swim aid. For members who want to swim aid please see instructor for details.