Swim Team > Tips
Tips for Swimmers
- Eat a little something before practice. Avoid high protein or high fat foods.
- Drink an entire water bottle during practice to make sure you stay hydrated.
- If you ever get cramps during practice, you might want to try drinking a sports drink while you work out.
- Eat a meal when you get home after practice.
- Drink lots of water after practice too! Avoid drinking soda, or keep it to a minimum.
- Always remember to wear sunscreen at meets and practice, you don’t want to get burned!
- Many swimmers like to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and robe to meets, to rest between races.
- Bring about four to five towels for drying off after each race during meets.
- Don’t forget to bring your goggles and swim cap!!! They are the most commonly forgotten items.
- Tell parents to bring a chair or blanket to sit on. Move meets have limited seating. They also might want an umbrella or visor.
- Possible snack ideas during meets: PowerBars, fruit, Gatorade, dry cereal, bagels & cream cheese and WATER!