Swim Team > Notes for Parents
Notes for Parents
- Please utilize the Gator blog at http://gmgators.blogspot.com. You will find useful information regarding practices, meets and other events/activities.
- All swimmers have folders with their name on it. These are kept at the pool and are available during practices. Flyers and ribbons will be placed in these folders. Please have your swimmers check their folder daily.
- News/events will be posted on the swim team board at the pool as well as the blog.
- Team suits for both boys & girls are available at Colorado Swim Shop (1738 Pearl Street in Boulder - 303.545.2090).
- Suits may be in stock and available for immediate purchase.
- Silicone Gator caps are available for $10.
- See meet schedule.
- Warm-ups begin at 6:00 a.m. for home meets and 6:30 a.m. at away pools. Please be on time! It is crucial that every swimmer has the time to properly warm-up to prevent injuries and to get the body and mind ready to compete at the highest level.
- Each swimmer must check-in with their coach before and after the race to receive information about that particular race.
- Please let the coaches know if you are going to miss a meet.
Attendance at Practice:
- Please make sure your child is attending as many workouts as possible every week. To become a great swimmer you must practice.
- Relay teams will be based upon the fastest swimmers in that age group. For example, the “A” 200 Freestyle Relay will be made up of the fastest four freestyle swimmers. The “B” will be made up of the second fastest swimmers and so forth.
- Coaches normally pick relays teams on Wednesday of each week.
- The coaches will help the kids decide which races they will be swimming in. Swimmers need entries turned in to the coach by Wednesday of each week.
- Some meets may utilize entry cards. Blue cards are for boys and pink cards are for girls.
- The coaches will make out the Relay cards with the swimmer’s names and a relay sheet will be posted at the pool so the swimmers and parents will know who they are swimming with.
- The number of events a swimmer may enter is normally three individual and two relays. A swimmer may swim additional events as exhibition depending on space.
- If you know of any interested swimmers who would like to swim on our team but are not members of the pool, we would still love to have them.
SWIM TEAM BOARD
Questions? Comments! Please contact us.
Grace Long, Activities and apparel, 303 989-1133
Beth Schick, Treasurer, 720 540-0659
Carol Wilsey, Meet entries & results, 303 980-6725